I’m having an issue with setting `default-pod-temp...
# flyte-deployment
m
I’m having an issue with setting
default-pod-template-name
on a flyte-core v1.10.6 deployment… I’m currently deploying it with this
Copy code
configmap:
  k8s:
    plugins:
      default-cpus: 500m
      default-memory: 512Mi
    default-pod-template-name: "flyte-default"
    inject-finalizer: true
However, whilst propeller successfully registers the template, it isn’t being used as a default. I’m pretty sure this is the correct place to define it as per here. And the template works when explicitly requested within a task. Any pointers?
c
you might need to add the task/template namespace to the config above. e.g., my task namespace is
flyte-az-development
, so i have:
Copy code
plugins:
      k8s:
        metadata:
          namespace: flyte-az-development
        default-pod-template-name: task-pod-template
i'm not certain that is required, but worth a try
d
If you enable debug logs you should see
registered PodTempalte ...
in the propeller logs. You shouldn't need to have a namespace configured, because propeller attempts to retrieve all PodTemplates and applies them based on the task execution namespace. If you're not seeing the log, then the k8s resource watch that propeller uses to detect PodTemplates isn't working - it could indicate a permissions issue.
j
did you reorder the yaml on copy/paste? your hierarchy is
k8s.plugins.*
, ours is
plugins.k8s.*
which works without issue (but on 1.10.0)
Copy code
k8s.yaml: | 
    plugins:
      k8s:
        default-cpus: 100m
        default-env-vars: []
        default-memory: 100Mi
        default-pod-template-name: flyte-template
for context, our config
d
you can also curl your propeller instance on port 10254 at
/config
with something like
curl localhost:10254/config
and it will print a json formatted config of what propeller actually has parsed.
m
@Dan Rammer (hamersaw) - I can see from the propeller logs that all templates are registered correctly, its just the
default-pod-template-name
that isn’t being set correctly. I’ve just done port forward to propeller, and the config is interesting, it looks like none of the config I’ve set via the Helm chart has been set, so I’m assuming I’ve put this in the wrong section (user error!), any ideas where this should be set in the flyte-core Helm chart?
Got it fixed - the culprit was just the indentation as suggested @Justin Boutwell Thanks everyone for the help!