snowflake plugin causes flyte to not start this gu...
# ask-the-community
a
snowflake plugin causes flyte to not start this guide: https://docs.flyte.org/en/latest/deployment/plugins/webapi/snowflake.html#deployment-plugin-setup-webapi-snowflake produces ERROR 2024/01/11 183806 Could not cast sv to map[string]interface{}; key=%!s(MISSING), st=%!v(MISSING), tt=%!v(MISSING), sv=%!v(MISSING), tv=%!v(MISSING) default-for-task-types=[]interface {} map[string]interface {}=[map[container:container] map[container_array:K8S-ARRAY] map[snowflake:snowflake]] map[container:container container_array:k8s-array sidecar:sidecar]=<nil
l
There's bug in snowflake webapi, will fix it in the future.
Would you like to open an issue for this case?
a
yes please
there is no issues tab on flytekit
l
right up
image.png
a
l
thks, this helps a lot
wait
It works for me in the single binary mode
Copy code
tasks:
  task-plugins:
    enabled-plugins:
      - container
      - sidecar
      - K8S-ARRAY
      - snowflake

default-for-task-types:
      container: container
      container_array: K8S-ARRAY
      snowflake: snowflake
a
thjis works
but as soon as you add clientSecretsExternalSecretRef into auth
it stops working
l
Ok, can you provide the steps you add the secret and the yaml file to the issue?
this can help me reproduce the error and figrue it out
figure it out
a
i followed the guude
Copy code
cat <<EOF | kubectl apply -f -
apiVersion: v1
kind: Secret
metadata:
  name: flyte-binary-client-secrets-external-secret
  namespace: flyte
type: Opaque
stringData:
  FLYTE_SNOWFLAKE_CLIENT_TOKEN: <JWT_TOKEN>
EOF
then add clientSecretsExternalSecretRef: flyte-binary-client-secrets-external-secret under configuration auth
l
Ok, thank you
@Alex Lyashok Hello, I can't reproduce the bug in the single binary mode. Can you leave full setup steps for use to reproduce and fix the bug?
Thank you!
a
@L godlike - since we discovred that key under auth was incorrect and wit works with correct one - does it still make sense to try to fix it now?
i am not certain what did you refer to bug w/ web api above - that one may be worthwhile