Hi all -- I have a question regarding the Flyte Co...
# ask-the-community
j
Hi all -- I have a question regarding the Flyte Console (Web UI) -- is there an easy way (e.g., breadcrumbs) to get from a Flyte execution to the Launch Plan that it was launched from (or more specifically, to get from an execution to the list of similarly-scheduled executions)? For example, we have a Launch Plan named
model.executor.schedule.run_all_models
-- if I go to the Launch Plan page, I can see the daily runs (see first screenshot below). However, if I click into a given execution, the breadcrumbs at the top of the page only redirect me back to the underlying workflow, not the Launch Plan (see second screenshot below). Clicking through to there, I see no information about any of the daily runs or any link to the relevant Launch Plan (see third screenshot below). Every time I want to get from an execution back to the full list of daily runs, I have to go manually find it, which is frustrating.
k
it is infact possible. we are working on a massive UI update
We have a completely new UI at Union and we are thinking, how we can share it with open source
cc @John Votta / @James Hoover fyi
j
Hi @Joe Kelly, trying to understand the issue a bit more, the page you need exists but the navigation is unintuitive?
j
That is correct @James Hoover -- my usual use case here is that I am on the page for a single execution failure for some hourly or daily process, and I want to quickly just check "has this been failing for a while, has this succeeded on its other runs since this failure, etc" -- so I really just want to quickly and easily get to a view of all of the similar runs. Practically, my issue can be solved by simply changing the
workflows/
in the breadcrumbs URL to
launchplans/
after I click it, but obviously that's not optimal
@Ketan (kumare3) that's great to hear! Excited to learn more about that
j
Thank you for the feedback. While this is fixed in the UI Ketan mentioned we're always looking to further improve it
k
@Joe Kelly would you be open to have a chat
j
Sure! I'm free anytime after 10:30 Pacific Time today, or can do next week if that's easier for you