<@U04664Z7H37> / <@U03C1MJQ892> / and so many othe...
# contribute
k
@Fabio Grätz / @Bernhard Stadlbauer / and so many others, how about talking at kubecon EU conference and sharing some things in flyte?
b
I would be interested! @Ketan (kumare3) Do you know whether a talk about a usecase of Flyte (e.g. estimating carbon credits) or rather a talk about Flyte itself would have a better chance?
d
@Bernhard Stadlbauer
I would be interested!
Great, let's craft a proposal soon, deadline is next Sunday 🙂 And definitely a talk about a use case (and the one you mention) is not only super interesting but seems to have more chances to be accepted
b
Ok, does anyone have experience with those? I.e. writing it with a higher likeklyhood of getting accepted? Happy to put up a first draft
k
Always take about usecases are better
d
@Bernhard Stadlbauer not a ton of experience but I can help. Let's put a draft in place and we can start iterating. The basics: Abstract (1,000 characters max) and Benefits to the ecosystem. The idea is to define clearly what attendees will learn in the session. I usually start with checking past conference schedules to see the average tone of accepted sessions
b
Submitted a session - let’s see how it goes 🤞
f
Seeing this only now sorry, was out sick for a few days 😕
Would be happy to talk about Flyte at a future KubeCon.
Awesome that you submitted a session @Bernhard Stadlbauer 👏
b
Ah dang! Would have loved to have a second speaker! The talk I’ve submitted now does have a bit of a “Climate/carbon market” touch to it now, so probably hard to get you on as a second speaker?
d
@Bernhard Stadlbauer I think you still can edit the session and add a co speaker?
b
Yep, the only problem being that the session’s storyline involves Pachama/the carbon market 🤦‍♂️ But happy to try to figure something out in case you’re interested @Fabio Grätz
f
I think mixing the talk with what we do will be difficult (automotive :S)
I think I’ll just jump on the next opportunity 🙂
After all: will then be 2 additional talks about Flyte out there
But thanks a lot for offering!
d
AFAIK, there were 5 submissions from community members, so hopefully there will be some Flyte buzz in Paris next year!
b
Oh nice! I guess given how last minute I’ve submitted mine it might not stand a chance anyway 🙂 Looking forward to it - let’s hope that a few submissions are accepted 🤞
d
I guess given how last minute I’ve submitted mine it might not stand a chance anyway
Nah, submissions are randomized before the Program Committee reviews them
f
🤞