Hi, I'm trying to register and execute a flyte wor...
# ask-the-community
h
Hi, I'm trying to register and execute a flyte workflow using a custom docker image that uses
flytekit v1.1.3
. Everything goes fine when I register the workflow, however on execution I get the following error:
Copy code
[1/1] currentAttempt done. Last Error: USER::tar: development/fast3058e34fb41fa3a154ff4954352846ee.tar.gz: Cannot open: Not a directory
tar: Error is not recoverable: exiting now
Traceback (most recent call last):
  File "/usr/local/bin/pyflyte-fast-execute", line 8, in <module>
    sys.exit(fast_execute_task_cmd())
  File "/usr/local/lib/python3.9/site-packages/click/core.py", line 1157, in __call__
    return self.main(*args, **kwargs)
  File "/usr/local/lib/python3.9/site-packages/click/core.py", line 1078, in main
    rv = self.invoke(ctx)
  File "/usr/local/lib/python3.9/site-packages/click/core.py", line 1434, in invoke
    return ctx.invoke(self.callback, **ctx.params)
  File "/usr/local/lib/python3.9/site-packages/click/core.py", line 783, in invoke
    return __callback(*args, **kwargs)
  File "/usr/local/lib/python3.9/site-packages/flytekit/bin/entrypoint.py", line 496, in fast_execute_task_cmd
    _download_distribution(additional_distribution, dest_dir)
  File "/usr/local/lib/python3.9/site-packages/flytekit/tools/fast_registration.py", line 118, in download_distribution
    result.check_returncode()
  File "/usr/local/lib/python3.9/subprocess.py", line 460, in check_returncode
    raise CalledProcessError(self.returncode, self.args, self.stdout,
subprocess.CalledProcessError: Command '['tar', '-xvf', 'development/fast3058e34fb41fa3a154ff4954352846ee.tar.gz', '-C', 'development']' returned non-zero exit status 2.
I've tried running this on a local cluster as well as a GCP cluster. I'm not sure what is causing this, does not seem to be related to any of the code since this is happening when the code tar file is pulled from the storage. Let me know if you have any advice on troubleshooting this or if any further information is needed!
k
1.1?
That’s really old
h
We locked on this version around a year ago. I did manage to get things working by moving to a higher version but certain other dependencies kept it at 1.5. What version would you recommend?
k
ohh interesting was it protobuf that impacted
currently we are on 1.10, but you can go to 1.9?
h
Thanks! I'm not sure what was impacted and how things started working but it seems like the solution is to move to a higher version. Could this happen due to version mismatches in the flyte UI and flytekit?
k
@Hriday Baghar i do not think you need to move to a newer version. I think the newer version just has better error messaging etc
if you do log into the container that might help