Hi there! I was looking at the readymade Grafana d...
# ask-the-community
v
Hi there! I was looking at the readymade Grafana dashboards here. It seems like they were last updated 2 years ago and that a lot of metrics referenced there have been renamed or are not being produced anymore. I tried running
make stats
in the
flyte
repo, but I get the following error
Copy code
make: generate-dashboard: Command not found
make: *** [Makefile:62: stats] Error 127
Do you know what's wrong here?
Oh ok, it seems like
generate-dashboard
comes from
grafanalib
which wasn't in my path
Actually, I'm getting another weird error now 😕
Copy code
Traceback (most recent call last):
  File "/home/victor.delepine/.local/bin/generate-dashboard", line 8, in <module>
    sys.exit(generate_dashboard_script())
  File "/home/victor.delepine/.local/lib/python3.8/site-packages/grafanalib/_gen.py", line 242, in generate_dashboard_script
    run_script(generate_dashboard)
  File "/home/victor.delepine/.local/lib/python3.8/site-packages/grafanalib/_gen.py", line 80, in run_script
    sys.exit(f(sys.argv[1:]))
  File "/home/victor.delepine/.local/lib/python3.8/site-packages/grafanalib/_gen.py", line 223, in generate_dashboard
    dashboard = loader(opts.dashboard)
  File "/home/victor.delepine/.local/lib/python3.8/site-packages/grafanalib/_gen.py", line 74, in loader
    raise DefinitionError(
grafanalib._gen.DefinitionError: Definition /tmp/flyte/stats/flytepropeller_dashboard.py does not define a variable '/tmp/flyte/stats/flytepropeller_dashboard'
make: *** [Makefile:62: stats] Error 1
Example of outdated metrics: all the
flyte:admin:database:postgres:repositories:*
are now under
flyte:admin:admin:database:*
s
@David Espejo (he/him), I'm not very sure if someone's working on this. Do you have any idea how to go about resolving this issue?
d
@Victor Delépine right, those are outdated as the docs. Could you please capture all the gaps you find on an Issue? That would help keep track and eventually prioritize
v