Hey guys, Trying to run a more complex workflow, ...
# ask-the-community
u
Hey guys, Trying to run a more complex workflow, so the task is one big task that imports a lot of other functions from other files, how should I package a workflow with all of it’s files so it will know how to reference them? The image below shows the task snippet, the
flyte_task
is a file located in the same folder
n
hi @Uria Franko what does the file structure for these tasks look like?
u
Hey @Niels Bantilan, thanks for your response, The task actually just import a different function that of course import a lot of different files as well. For the POC I’ve just added a file name flyte_flow.py with the flow and flyte_task.py with a wrapper for the normal app that I’m running, the thing is I need to “register”/“upload” the whole folder in order it to work. So I might missed something but I didn’t realize how I can upload the whole folder when running a workflow or should I use more naive solution where I just upload the project to /root/ and then the task will have the other file but it seems an over kill and will be too hard to develop test and more.
n
the thing is I need to “register”/“upload” the whole folder in order it to work.
this is the correct thing to do. Are you using
pyflyte run
? What commands are you using for registration and running workflows?
u
So I’m using run, actually fixed it by adding --copy-all flag, when I’ll try to register I’ll see what happened…
n
Yep! That flag should do it