When using ImageSpec, If users supply an `imagespe...
# ask-the-community
t
When using ImageSpec, If users supply an
imagespec.yaml
file to the
pyflyte run --image image.yaml
command like this, where are users configuring the
envd
context in order to supply the envd-plugin with the
buildkitd
TCP address to start a build on a remote machine? Is this something that is currently not supported? We could probably hack around it ourselves but wondering if there was a better solution that others have come up with first
k
you could create an envd context first before registration, then flytekit will use that context to build the image. If you don’t create a context, envd will create a context (docker container) by default.
t
Okay that makes sense, and I guess we can write some sort of internal tool to abstract that kind of config from our data scientists but would be nice to have this rolled into the plugin/flytekit SDK in the future as a configurable option. Or some way to affect
envd context create --builder tcp --builder-address <...>
in the future with maybe flags or some field in the yaml file etc. But anyways, thanks for the help! We can make do with that for now
k
yes, we can. that gives users some flexibilities to change the context. would you mind creating a issue or pr for it?
t
Ok I can do that no problem
@Kevin Su I made this issue here: https://github.com/flyteorg/flyte/issues/4001 Thank you for your help in advance, it is greatly appreciated