Hello peeps! I've setup a flyte data plane and wou...
# flyte-deployment
b
Hello peeps! I've setup a flyte data plane and would like to test if it's working properly without the control plane being there yet. Is that a way to do that? Initially I thought going with a locally hosted flyte control plane but I'm only able to reach the data plane, the data plane wouldn't be able to reach the local control plane back. According to https://docs.flyte.org/en/latest/concepts/component_architecture/flytepropeller_architecture.html I assume I could just create a k8s workflow of the CRD myself and let the data plane go on with the process, but I don't know what specs to put for my yaml. Is there any source for that? (I also currently don't have another data plane to look at workflows there)
trying to fetch a definition from the sandbox env
y
no you’ll still need something.
propeller is synchronous-event based, so if there’s nothing to ack the events, the workflow crd won’t make progress.
why not just add a control plane though?
b
I walked into that issue of missing something ^^ As I will have the blockers that kept me from setting up the control plane removed soon, I will go forward with this then. Thanks for your time and input!