hiya, Im pretty sure this is a silly question. but...
# ask-the-community
f
hiya, Im pretty sure this is a silly question. but I am trying to execute a flyte workflow remotely as follows
Copy code
config = Config.auto()

remote = FlyteRemote(config=config, default_domain=FLYTE_DEFAULT_DOMAIN, default_project=FLYTE_DEFAULT_PROJECT)

flyte_wf = remote.fetch_workflow(name="flyte.my_wf", version="v1")
And i want to specify the dns endpoint to be
host.docker.internal
I can see that the
Config.auto()
method has this in the docstring
Copy code
"""
        Automatically constructs the Config Object. The order of precedence is as follows
          1. first try to find any env vars that match the config vars specified in the FLYTE_CONFIG format.
          2. If not found in environment then values ar read from the config file
          3. If not found in the file, then the default values are used.

:param config_file: file path to read the config from, if not specified default locations are searched
        :return: Config
        """
Where it mentions first it will try to find environment variables that match the config variables specified in a specific format? Which format is this? Is this the flyte config.yaml file that gets generated at
~/.flyte/config.yaml
? so should the environemnt variable be called
admin_endpoint
or somethign else?
nevermind me! https://docs.flyte.org/projects/flytekit/en/latest/configuration.html i am not sure how i missed this but the docs state it very clearly
Copy code
Environment Variables: Users can specify these at compile time, but when your task is run, Flyte Propeller will also set configuration to ensure correct interaction with the platform. The environment variables must be specified with the format FLYTE_{SECTION}_{OPTION}, all in upper case. For example, to specify the PlatformConfig.endpoint setting, the environment variable would be FLYTE_PLATFORM_URL.
🤦