curious if anyone has seen this before. I'm exposi...
# flytekit
d
curious if anyone has seen this before. I'm exposing my flyte workflows to be called downstream by another workflow. If the upstream workflow is of type workflow i have no issues, however if i change the upstream to be the default launchplan i get the following in the downstreams compile step
Copy code
File "/app/workflows/royalties/agg_input_validations_workflow.py", line 34, in <module>
    ) -> typing.Tuple[str, dict]:
  File "/home/jovyan/.local/lib/python3.7/site-packages/flytekit/core/workflow.py", line 737, in workflow
    return wrapper(_workflow_function)
  File "/home/jovyan/.local/lib/python3.7/site-packages/flytekit/core/workflow.py", line 733, in wrapper
    workflow_instance.compile()
  File "/home/jovyan/.local/lib/python3.7/site-packages/flytekit/core/workflow.py", line 613, in compile
    workflow_outputs = exception_scopes.user_entry_point(self._workflow_function)(**input_kwargs)
  File "/home/jovyan/.local/lib/python3.7/site-packages/flytekit/common/exceptions/scopes.py", line 207, in user_entry_point
    raise FlyteScopedUserException(*_exc_info())
flytekit.common.exceptions.scopes.FlyteScopedUserException: Input was not specified for: scenario_name of type simple: STRING
error might be a red herring, but is it the case that the default lp doesn't inherit the workflows default args?
y
entirely possible there’s a bug here.
can you copy the signatures?
d
i think it is actually
it's a bug in
get_or_create
the following works fine
Copy code
_flytekit.LaunchPlan.get_or_create(obj, name=obj.name, default_inputs=obj.python_interface.default_inputs_as_kwargs)
spoke to soon, this does not
Copy code
obj = _flytekit.LaunchPlan.get_default_launch_plan(FlyteContext.current_context(), obj)
oh the error makes sense now 🙂
i'm assuming by copy the signatures you mean do what i did above?