Hi, I’m facing an issue with ContainerTask using `...
# ask-the-community
g
Hi, I’m facing an issue with ContainerTask using
pyflyte run
Initially, I submitted a containerTask which uses PodTemplate with a specific volume mount. Then, I tried to submit that task again with different values for VolumeMount in the PodSpec. But, I’m getting this error if I try to do
pyflyte run
Copy code
RPC Failed, with Status: StatusCode.INVALID_ARGUMENT
        details: task with different structure already exists with id resource_type:TASK project:"flytesnacks" domain:"development" name:"initialize_input" version:"BBXk2N9m_E1CcvzZ-s31MQ=="
        Debug string UNKNOWN:Error received from peer  {created_time:"2023-08-04T15:49:43.934961024+05:30", grpc_status:3, grpc_message:"task with different structure already exists with id resource_type:TASK project:\"flytesnacks\" domain:\"development
\" name:\"initialize_input\" version:\"BBXk2N9m_E1CcvzZ-s31MQ==\" "}
What needs to be change for me to be able to run this task again ?
I initially tried changing the name of the task to
initialize_input_1
. It didn’t work, same error. Then, I ended up changing the workflow name by adding
_1
which solved this error. But, that seems a bit odd to change the workflow name itself to resolve such conflicts. Any idea, how can I use the same workflow_name by resolving this conflict.
y
With
pyflyte register
or
register_script
, one can enter
version
when registering a workflow. By entering different version, this issue can be avoided. It seems that
pyflyte run
does not provide the option to enter a version.
s
@Gaurav Kumar, does
pyflyte run
fail with the error you mentioned even after updating the
PodTemplate
?
g
@Samhita Alla yes. Modifying
PodTemplate
didn’t help.
s
@Eduardo Apolinario (eapolinario), looks like a bug to me. Please confirm.
e
very interesting. Can you share more about the signature of the task and a rough description of how the workflow is defined?