Also where can i get some info on how the results ...
# ask-the-community
j
Also where can i get some info on how the results are getting stored in datacatalog, i kept getting this error
Copy code
errorsyncing'my-development/azcrpvdss4xngltqgpd6': FailedtocheckCatalogforpreviousresults: unexpectedartifactData: [trimmed_fastqs]
type: 
[collection_type: <map_value_type: <union_type: <variants: <blob: <>>variants: <union_type: <variants: <blob: <>structure: <tag: "FlyteFilePath">>>>>>>]
does not match any task output type: 
[collection_type: <map_value_type: <union_type: <variants: <blob: <>structure: <tag: "FlyteFilePath">>variants: <simple: NONEstructure: <tag: "none">>>>>]
k
seems like a bug in the type checker. could you share the task code? I can take a look into it
d
@Jay Ganbat can you share a minimal repro of this? I think it's actually a part of a greater issue we're debugging right now.
j
yeah the most annoying thing is i just cannot replicate it in a sandbox, but here is the task signature
Copy code
@BASE_TASK_WORKER.run_dynamic_task_with_args()
def process_chunked_fastqs_to_raw_bams_task(
    in_sample_name: str,
    in_spec_path: FlyteFile,
    in_fastq_pairs: list[dict[str, Optional[FlyteFile]]],
    in_expected_spikein: str,
    out_gcs_dir: str,
) -> NamedTuple(  # type: ignore
    "process_chunked_fastqs_to_raw_bams_outputs",  # noqa
    trimmed_fastqs=list[dict[str, Optional[FlyteFile]]],
    ipc_fastqs=list[dict[str, Optional[FlyteFile]]],
    raw_bams_to_merge=list[FlyteFile],
    raw_adapter_trim_metrics=list[Optional[FlyteFile]],
    raw_umi_metrics=list[dict[str, Optional[FlyteFile]]],
    spike_in_metrics=list[Optional[FlyteFile]],
):
and the error comes from the output
so above task is executed as part of a large workflow and that workflow crashes whenever i try to relaunch or recover. if things wont work, maybe i should just do
list[dict[str, FlyteFile]]
and deal with the empty results in the concrete tasks
@Dan Rammer (hamersaw) do you have a github issue with more info regarding your big issue 😅
oh i was jjust reading through the release note, noticed this
Copy code
Union | optional return types supported by @kumare3 in #1703
it is on
v1.7.1b1
and we are on flytekit 1.4.2 maybe this was the issue 🤔 im upgrading our flytekit right now
d
@Jay Ganbat here is the github issue. I have a fix coming shortly - it looks to be the exact same problem you're facing, namely the double
union
j
thank you very much, yeah the issue is exactly the same. maybe the way it was triggered is different, in our case its triggered on relaunch/recover operation. i will look forward to the fix and test it out.