Hi everyone! I'm also in a situation where I need ...
# flyte-on-gcp
s
Hi everyone! I'm also in a situation where I need to deploy Flyte to GCP based on the official helm chart. Almost everything is up and running, but I'm stuck with a
flytectl
problem which I can't solve for now; maybe someone will be able to help me with it?
Copy code
$ HTTPS_PROXY=localhost:8080 flytectl --admin.insecureSkipVerify -d development -p flyteexamples get tasks 
Error: Connection Info: [Endpoint: dns:///flyte.dexterenergyservices.com, InsecureConnection?: false, AuthMode: Pkce]: rpc error: code = Unavailable desc = unexpected HTTP status code received from server: 502 (Bad Gateway); transport: received unexpected content-type "text/html; charset=UTF-8"
I'm using mitmproxy to intercept the
flytectl
traffic (hence the
HTTPS_PROXY
env var and
--admin.insecureSkipVerify
additions) and I can see that
flytectl
issues a request to
/flyteidl.service.AdminService/ListTasks
endpoint. It results in HTTP 502 response from the GCP Load balancer claiming that "server encountered a temporary error". This is where I am stuck for now - I do have
flyteadmin
Service running and the corresponding
flyteadmin
Pods also green and pass the healthchecks, but I can't figure out how to confirm if
flyteadmin
is actually running and responding. Best thing I've found so far is that if I request the
/me
endpoint (which is sent to the HTTP interface of the
flyteadmin:80
service), it responds with the following response:
Copy code
{
  "error": "unknown service flyteidl.service.IdentityService",
  "code": 12,
  "message": "unknown service flyteidl.service.IdentityService"
}
And that looks suspicious :) Maybe it's a well-known problem? I would appreciate any help with it
Ah yes, I think it is also worth noting that: * I'm using GCP
Ingress
instead of nginx or contour *
separateGrpcIngress
is set to
false
(maybe that's the reason?) *
flyteadmin
Service has this
cloud.google.com/app-protocols={"grpc":"HTTP2"}
annotation * I can open Flyte console in the browser. I'll try to poke the
separateGrpcIngress