Upgrading to the single flyte-binary 1.8.0, I'm se...
# ask-the-community
t
Upgrading to the single flyte-binary 1.8.0, I'm seeing new behavior on the web-hosted console. When I click on an execution to view the tasks and their status ("Nodes" view), it is shown briefly, and then all content disappears and "No executions found" is displayed instead (see attached image). This is the case both during execution, and once the workflow is completed (successfully). This UI works fine for simple static workflows. The workflow in question employs a couple
@dynamic
, each of which call other workflows, one of which employs a `map_task`so is considerably more complex. I'll try to repro with a simpler use-case, but curious if anyone has seen this or has ideas.
I also see that the Graph is not available for this workflow execution. The Timeline, however, is rendered (even though I cannot open the sub-workflows that have UI indicating they should be expandable).
Based on the behavior, my guess is that querying the workflow to retrieve top-level tasks works (and is briefly displayed by the Nodes view UI) but when descending into child components (@dynamics, subworkflows, map_task elements, or similar) something is undefined. The Nodes view then refreshes its display with the "No executions found" display, the graph view similarly won't display an incomplete graph, but the timeline view can successfully get info for the top-level components, but can't descend into children.
y
does refreshing help?
i remember i saw something like this a while back but it was fixed already
cc @Jason Porter?
j
cc: @Carina Ursu - is this the fix we recently deployed?
c
It looks like the same error
I can check in about an hour, if no one is available to run development locally to check
y
whenever you get to it… https://devflyte/console/projects/flytesnacks/domains/development/executions/axvb2b4hgzpjjhhhfls2?duration=all (based on this issue which looks to be the same actually)
very good chance this was already fixed… (for external readers, our dev environment is running a separate branch right now)
c
yes i checked the merge sort example, this should be resolved as soon as we deploy using the latest release. Specifically, v1.8.6 targets this specific bug
y
sweet thanks.
we’ll do a patch release at some point to pick this up
t
@Yee @Carina Ursu thanks!
@Yee @Carina Ursu lmk if there is a PR I can track on this. To answer an earlier question which may not be necessary at this point: when I refresh the page the behavior is exactly the same => on the Nodes view, it briefly displays the nodes, and then quickly updates to no nodes and instead the "No executions found" message.
already merged…
no pr for the release yet.
t
@Yee any update on this? It seems to be a problem specifically for map_tasks -- in my case the map_task is being executed within an @dynamic workflow.
y
we never got around to the patch release sorry
let me see what we’re doing today
t
ok thanks!
y
cutting a release soon
t
@Yee thanks! I'll post back here when we've upgraded and I've looked at the behavior.
@Yee finally updated to 1.8.1 and this fixes the issue as hoped. Thanks!