Hey community - I've looked around and can't seem...
# ask-the-community
t
Hey community - I've looked around and can't seem to find a release history (or version numbers I understand) for the flyte single-binary. I found the page that documents how to install it via a Helm chart (I didn't do our install), and the README.md in the helm charts folder refers to various version numbers, including
Version 0.1.10
AppVersion 1.16.0
and
flyteagent.deployment.image.tag
version of
1.62b1
, among others. I'm trying to figure out if a PR merged into the flyte-propeller on July 7 and released in v1.1.105 has made its way into the flyte-binary. How can I determine this? Thanks!
y
the monorepo work that’s actively being worked on will make this easier to determine. but yeah the 1.8.0 release should have this.
we should clean up the appversion in the helm chart yes.
i typically check the go.mod file in the flyte repo https://github.com/flyteorg/flyte/blame/master/go.mod
t
@Yee - so the go.mod file you refer to declares the dependencies that go into building the single-binary (and components of it, for the non-single-binary case), is that right? And does the single-binary have some version number attached to it? You refer to "the 1.8.0 release", but I'm not sure what this release refers to; I know flytekit just got bumped to 1.8 - does the flytekit version reflect the overall "flyte" version? Sorry for these uninformed questions 🙂
y
the versions of the individual components needs to be better tracked too yeah.
they’re all independent, so the flytekit version doesn’t have anything to do with the other versions. (and for flytekit in particular, we expect users to use old versions of flytekit with new backend code and newer flytekit with old backend code, so there’s more compatibility there).
https://github.com/flyteorg/flyte/blob/master/charts/flyte-core/values.yaml is usually where i look to see what versions of each component are considered to be part of the release.
for the non-one-binary deployment of flyte, this contains the values for the images that are used.
t
Thanks @Yee!