Hi, does anyone have a working example of using `c...
# ask-the-community
d
Hi, does anyone have a working example of using
custom_info
field within
TaskExecutionEvent
to relay custom information about a task run?
k
Are you writing a plugin?
d
yeah, a Python plugin
k
ohhh, cc @Kevin Su instead of a python plugin, can we use Flyte Agent framework for this. from the python plugins (flytekit side) you cannot, but the agents you can
d
sorry, never mind, not writing a plugin, just need a way to send some custom information about a Task to using Flyte External Messages. Is this something that I can use
TaskExecutionEvent
and its
custom_info
field? And if so, how?
k
Ohh then use flytedeck
d
are flytedecks considered as external flyte messages (would something like
TaskExecutionEventRequest
have access to the task's deck)? or would I only be able to view the deck output through the flyte UI when reviewing specific runs?
k
Aah I get what you want now, ya flytedecks are html and you can view them programmatically, but that’s not right for you. In that case the only option is outputs - today flytekit cannot send events to FlyteAdmin
d
I see, thank you! What is the use case of `TaskExecutionEvent' ?
k
propeller send a event to update the task, workflow table. for example, update the status. we also send event to sqs, so you can write a consumer to read those events.
d
does any instance of the events get automatically sent to sqs? how does the event get sent when I call
TaskExecutionEvent
for example? And do I have any control over the destination of the event? Instead of sending to sqs can I send to Pub/Sub, for example?
k