quick question -- is there a way to register Flyte...
# ask-the-community
v
quick question -- is there a way to register Flyte tasks that are defined in a separate imported repository or package? i.e., repository
A
installs the package produced by repository
B
and uses the tasks written in repository
B
and when I register Flyte workflows in repo
A
I want it to register all the tasks from both repos
I've tried directly importing the tasks and using them in a workflow -- it registers successfully, but the pod doesn't get scheduled
j
you basically need to recurse into the separate package so that all tasks/workflow objects are "discovered" during registration. wdym the pod doesn't get scheduled?
v
like the pod gets stuck in state
Pending
(other workflows can be run successfully, so it's not an issue with the cluster as a whole)
j
if the pod is pending, it means propeller successfully created it. can you describe the pod? does it show any errors?
v
right? this is what describing the pod shows
Copy code
Type     Reason             Age                   From                Message
  ----     ------             ----                  ----                -------
  Warning  FailedScheduling   2m26s (x3 over 12m)   default-scheduler   0/7 nodes are available: 7 node(s) didn't match Pod's node affinity/selector. preemption: 0/7 nodes are available: 7 Preemption is not helpful for scheduling.
  Normal   NotTriggerScaleUp  2m12s (x61 over 12m)  cluster-autoscaler  pod didn't trigger scale-up: 6 node(s) didn't match Pod's node affinity/selector
i'll try recursing!
j
that's an unrelated error it looks like. check the affinities:
Copy code
kubectl get po -o yaml <podname>
v
ooh interesting lemme look into that
okay as an update, directly importing and using them works! it was indeed an issue with attempting to schedule on a non-preemptible node when we didn't have any in that node pool
ty Jeev!!
g
Isn't Jeev on vacation
That's why he's not at work right