Hi Flyte community! My name is Tim Sheiner, and I'...
# contribute
t
Hi Flyte community! My name is Tim Sheiner, and I'm the head of product design for Union. I'm reaching out to ask for volunteers who are willing to do video meetings with me to share your feedback on the Flyte user experience to help me understand what parts are working well, what parts are not and what ideas you have about making the experience better. Your experience would be to join a 45 minute meeting with me where you would show me how you use the Flyte CLI & UI. I'm particularly interested in understanding the interaction between these two experiences, when and why you transition between them, how that could be made to work more smoothly, and your thoughts about whether the UI could be organized differently to be more useful. Please DM me if you are willing to share your feedback with me so we can schedule a meeting. Thanks! Tim
b
When is it? We have some suggestions for Flyte UI
Is it private and will not be recorded?
g
I'd be down to help provide feedback*!*
t
Thanks for your interest @Byron Hsu and @Greg Gydush !
Is it private and will not be recorded?
There may be a confusion: no event is currently scheduled, rather I am hoping to create individual meetings with whomever is open to providing feedback. The individual meeting format is not about keeping the results secret but rather about enabling the subjects (you folks) to feel comfortable providing frank feedback about your individual issues without any concern that you need to align your feedback with others or somehow speak as the voice of some larger cohort. I would hope to record the sessions with your permission, but I'd only plan to use the recording for internal discussion, not to post publicly. I would expect, however, to share an aggregated and anonymized summary of the feedback with the community and then follow that by sharing mock ups of changes that might address the limitations or challenges uncovered by research. Assuming you remain interested in helping me with this research, would you be available during any of these windows, all times Pacific? • 1-2 Mon 6/5 • 1-2 Tue 6/6 • 9-11 Wed 6/7 • 2-5 Thu 6/8 Thanks!
b
It would be better for us to do around middle or late June, by that time we will have enough users feedback
t
OK, I'll make a note to reach back out to you in 2 weeks.
k
@Tim Sheiner and @Pradithya Aria Pura I think you folks should connect as well
i think @Pradithya Aria Pura and team have great feedback for the UX as well
p
Certainly, this month is pretty crazy for me. Hopefully I can set find sometime in June.
b
cc @Len Strnad in case you would have feedback
b
we postpone our timeline so mid july might be better for us!
p
@Tim Sheiner Would love to have a chat with you regarding our usage of Flyte CLI and UI at Gojek, and share some feedback regarding those 2 components. Will you be available sometime this week or next week?
t
Absolutely! Let me set up a meeting. What email should I use for invite? Time zones are a bit of a challenge. A meeting at 5pm my time would be 8am your time, I think. Would that work for you?
p
I’ll DM you