Hey all :wave: Lately we’ve upgraded to flytekit 1...
# flyte-deployment
i
Hey all 👋 Lately we’ve upgraded to flytekit 1.5.0 in order to use to associate pods templates to specific tasks, so we’ve deployed new PodTemplates with specific names (name under
metadata.name
) and assigned them as
pod_template_name=<name_of_PodTemplate>
- but it does not seem to apply the specific PodTemplate but still using the default one (still have the labels and fields of the default and not the specific one) Any idea why? (No logs in flyte-admin/propeller that mention the
pod_template_name
)
k
Did you upgrade the backend
i
Backend is at v1.1.40, haven’t seen anything in the changelog that could be affecting the pod_template since
k
I think this was definitely added after 1.1
Cc @Byron Hsu can you confirm
b
Hi @Ido Levi! Podtemplate backend comes after 1.1.63 (https://github.com/flyteorg/flytepropeller/pull/516). You can see more info under this ticket https://github.com/flyteorg/flyte/issues/3123
i
ohh perfect! could’t find it myself Thank you fellas 😄
b
No problem 🙂
i
hey, sorry for the bother we’ve updated to admin v1.1.71 and propeller 1.1.63 but still seems to not use the pod_template_name, no logs mention the pod_template_name either 😕 is there any other version or any clue where I can look to debug this further?
k
It’s not just propeller all backend needs to be updated
I would go to 1.2
That’s the next release
i
also updated the admin, scheduler and console
mmm and couldn’t see what to upgrade to 1.2, couldn’t find any component with 1.2 😅
k
So 1.2 is a platform version
Check out the helm release notes
b
We could consider add some logs in flytepropeller, manually build propeller, and replace the propeller image
k
Why?
I think we probably added this to a later version? Cc @Dan Rammer (hamersaw) to help understand
b
Typo. *you can consider
k
I think we should have bigger release notes. One idea is what we are working on - mono repo
b
In order to debug yourself
@Ido Levi Try upgrading propeller to the latest? IIRC, we fix some bugs about podtemplate after 1.1.63
k
Just propeller won’t work. Admin has to be updated
It’s a protobuf change
It will only be transferred if the service accepts it
i
I’ll try tomorrow to change to 1.2, but out of curiosity - updating both propeller and admin should work?
b
i do think so. feel free to reach out if you have any q. Also down for a chat or smth
i
Will do, thank you so much for the help! Going to try tomorrow updating both and see if it’ll work