Hi guys! Currently using Vertex Pipelines at our ...
# ask-the-community
m
Hi guys! Currently using Vertex Pipelines at our company and curious on the benefits of Flyte? Vertex is serverless and requires very little maintenance and no k8 knowledge. What would be your argument to make the shift? We are only a couple of MLE’s.
k
Hi @Mattias Liljenzin, thank you for joining the community and thinking about Flyte. I have not used vertex pipelines and honestly it might not be right to switch if you don’t believe in it. But, here are a few things to note • Have you tried using Flyte? The experience is superior in many cases • The community is helpful • The product evolves fast and has unique features and capabilities • Also, Flyte is serverless for the user, but someone has to manage the k8s cluster. You can use union.ai managed offering
m
Hi! Thanks for the welcome. I have only done the tutorial but we have no one at our company doing k8s, thus picking Vertex Pipelines as our first choice. We did try Sagemaker Pipelines which was ok as well, but liked the UI and OSS around KFP. I will keep an eye open for Flyte in the future and follow the development 🙏