Hello community, I wanted to know if there is a wa...
# ask-the-community
a
Hello community, I wanted to know if there is a way to deploy Flyte on a local server? I tried using sandbox but sandbox is very slow while registering the workflows. So, I wanted to figure out if there is a way to play with Flyte on a local server. without actually starting the sandbox.
s
Hi Akshat! Sandbox shouldn't be slow. Could you let me know the commands you're trying to run?
k
@Samhita Alla he means union sandbox. @Akshat D. Absolutely try the getting started
Everything is local
a
@Samhita Alla I am using "flytectl sandbox start" to start the sandbox and "pyflyte register" to register the tasks along with the workflow.
I have two folders, one for tasks and other for workflows.
s
Can you run
flytectl demo start
?
a
Yeah, I tried that, although it is faster than sandbox but still my registration is taking 5 minutes
s
And try pyflyte register thereafter. Also, how many tasks and workflows are you trying to register?
a
I have two tasks and one workflow
Although, using demo the time reduced from 15 minutes to 5 minutes.
s
Oh, then it shouldn't take long. Can you add
FLYTE_SDK_LOGGING_LEVEL=10
env variable to your pyflyte register command (just prepend it), and let me know if you see anything suspicious.
a
Yeah sure.
What does the command do?
*environment variable
s
It prints a detailed log of what's happening.
a
Oh ohkay.
Got it.
I will let you know.
Thank you so much
Does running flyte through poetry causes some issues leading to flyte becoming slow?
s
Shouldn't be the case.