Hi there seems to be conflicting values.yaml setup...
# ask-the-community
s
Hi there seems to be conflicting values.yaml setup for flyte helm charts in the docs - is this the correct one to use? https://docs.flyte.org/en/latest/deployment/deployment/cloud_simple.html
s
Conflicting how? Could you elaborate please? Also, that's the deployment guide you can follow to set up Flyte on any cloud.
s
I think I got confused with which helm chart but I found docs for that - thanks. The helm install is failing though and pod logs show these errors - any idea why?
Copy code
Warning  FailedMount  12m   kubelet            MountVolume.SetUp failed for volume "db-pass" : failed to sync secret cache: timed out waiting for the condition
  Warning  FailedMount  12m   kubelet            MountVolume.SetUp failed for volume "config" : failed to sync configmap cache: timed out waiting for the condition
  Warning  FailedMount  12m   kubelet            MountVolume.SetUp failed for volume "cluster-resource-templates" : failed to sync configmap cache: timed out waiting for the condition
Based on some google search, it looks like rbac issue but this is not mentioned in flyte docs so I’m not sure how I can resolve this. Any guidance would be appreciated
s
Which command resulted in that error?
helm repo add flyteorg <https://flyteorg.github.io/flyte>
— this one?
s
I’m actually using Pulumi to install it but it failed during helm install I think
Also, I tried running it again and this time it doesn’t show that error, it just times out
OK looking at the events of the pod, I figured it out - there’s an initContainer that waits for the db. It looked like it was hanging so I looked into the rds instance and its security group was misconfigured. Adding the correct inbound fixed it.
Thanks!
Oh one more quick question @Samhita Alla - is there documentation on what routes are exposed from flyte so I can map to the right routes using external ingress (emissary-ingress)?
I got the console route working by mapping to the flyte-binary service in flyte namespace - does this service include both the console and the backend services like flyteadmin, etc?
s
I'm not very sure. Could you post your question in #ask-the-community channel?
s
OK will do thanks!